Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Documentation.

Rather than do 10 different posts that I should have done over the past couple weeks, I am going to be a little concise for once! :)

On Sunday, we blessed Mandalen in church.  She looked like a precious little doll in the beautiful dress Bryan's mom made her, I loved it that she looked like a little pioneer baby :)  I was sad when it was bedtime and I finally had to take it off her.  It was a wonderful day, and so nice to have so many from our family there, but it was a little sad too because there were some missing.  It was the first time there was no one from my side of the family in the circle.  I am not sure why it hit Bryan and I like it did, but it was one of those things that unexpectedly hits you when you aren't expecting it.
She is so precious to me.  She makes everything better.

This is one of Alex's favorite games.  The kids were a little distraught he popped their ball until they realized how much he loves this game, and how strong he really is :)

A couple weekends ago, we were able to celebrate Marne' & her boyfriend, Brian's birthdays while they were in town for Conference weekend.  Within a month, we have 8 birthdays between our two families!  Maybe that's not a lot, but it feels like a lot :).

We had the Pinewood Derby a couple weeks ago.  Zerin did most of the car on his own with just a little supervision and technical advise from Bryan.  I assisted a little too, but it backfired on me because apparently I put the weight on a little too low so it kept dragging on the starting gate and slowing him down.  Oh the many things I have yet to learn about raising boys :)  Here he is putting some final graphite touches on his car.
Zerin's is the 3rd car from the left...the racing stripes one next to the Perry the Platypus car.  He took 2nd and 3rd for most of the races, which he was thrilled about.
He was pretty desperate to win as you can see :)  The highlight of his night, however, came when he beat his cubmaster in a race.  Made it for a happy night at the Skelton house.

As I already mentioned a post or two ago, Belen turned 2 not too long ago.  At our family party, my mom, Cindy, Jenni, Alex and Danelle, and Bryan's mom were all able to come help celebrate.  All kids love their birthdays, but this little girl LOVES being the center of attention :)   I don't know which she loved more, the presents, or just knowing she had everyone's undivided attention for a short time :)  She was spoiled with all things princess, Rapunzel, wands, and ponies.  She is wearing the little purple tiara from the pony Alex & Danelle gave her :)

And, that's all.

No comments: