Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Lovely Little Liah...

I'm a couple few days late in posting all this, but you're not surprised are you :)

Last Monday, Liah turned 7 years old.  I remember when I was 7, and I'm having a hard time believing I have a daughter that same age.  She is turning into such a sweet young lady, I just love her so much!

The celebrations started the week before when in her class she was the kid of the week.  She got to be line leader, help the teacher, and all sorts of fun things.  Bryan came one day and talked about his job and gave the kids special pencils, and another day I came and read the kids one of her favorite books, "The Aminal" (thanks Jenni!). 

The Saturday before her birthday, Grandma Hugie came to visit her and bring her present ---sorry I don't have pictures :(.  She asked me all day how long until Grandma was coming...she always loves when Grandma comes, but knowing Grandma is bringing a present makes it all the more exciting :)

On Sunday, the primary sang to her. 

She asked for cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast, so Daddy was nice enough to make her some the night before.  For her birthday dinner, she wanted wedding food :)  Yep, that's right, wedding food.  Chicken salad sandwiches (with grapes), veggies, fruit, dips, and corn on the cob for good measure.  She also wanted a really tall birthday cake that looked like a wedding cake.  Well, Bryan's cakes cook pretty thin, so we did the best we could, but she was happy, so all is well ey :)

She got lots and lots of fun things, but one thing I want to mention was Zerin's gift.  Zerin gave her a coupon for a free sleepover in his room, and he used his own money to buy her a magic treehouse book she's been wanted from the book order at school.  I loved how proud he was of his gift and how he did it all on his own :)

Grandma Skelton was able to come over for dinner and cake, and gave her a journal like the one she made for Zerin a couple years ago.  It's cute to see how much she loves being old enough to get things like that :)

She also got her first set of scriptures with her name on them.  She was very excited.  The only problem we are having is she won't write in them because she doesn't want them not to look new anymore :)

She got phone calls, text messages, facebook messages (on mommy's page), and sweet cards from aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Fast forward to Friday.  We had a few of her friends from school over for an artist party.  I made a sore attempt on making a witch pinata (it broke on the first swing!).  We painted pumpkins, played with play dough and did a few other little games.  She was once again spoiled with gifts, but loved being the center of attention.

A few weeks ago, Bryan won some tickets at work to the Hale Center Theatre to see "The Drowsy Chaperone."  We were planning on going together, but he thought it would be fun for Liah to go and bring the adult of her choosing.  Lucky for me, she chose ME (although she confessed later she thought Dad and I were the only options, and she thought Dad would have to work - hahaha)!  That's okay, even if it was just by default, it was super fun.  Saturday was the day, and we went.  It was a cute little play, and she loved it.  She is now convinced that if she can overcome her shyness that she wants to be an actress :) 

She is getting into this super fun stage where we can start doing more together.  She loves to create.  She loves to sing in her room to her karaoke machine with her door shut.  She loves to play mom with Belen.  She loves to organize...that girl can make my tupperware drawer look like something out of IKEA...amazing!
She is precious to me.  She teaches me every day, and I love her so so much.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Birthday Liah! Wish we would have known...Sarah would have loved to bring you a bday surprise. Maybe we still will. :) Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe she's seven!! I remember when she was born, my how time flies! What a cutie pie.

Cameron and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Liah. Sorry Liam couldn't come to your party. He was pretty bummed about it!

Jenni said...

hApPy hApPy bIrThDaY LiAh!!!! I really wish that i could have made it down to see you, but i'll just have to come later and give you your present! Love ya!