Zerin: Today, I made him wear his shoes (nice brand new ones we got him over a month ago). He insists on wearing these nasty stinky snow boots every day (so he can frolick in the snow unihibited at recess). I used to tell him he just had to wear his shoes while he was in the school, and then change into the boots at recess, but I recently found out he pretty much has never done that. Nice. After I took his boots, he informed me we were no longer friends and that he won't let me play with his friends any more. Ouch!
Liah: Came down dressed...in about 3 layers of clothes including the clothes she had on yesterday, her pj's from last night, followed by today's clothes. Oh dear. At least she's a self-starter!
Aeden: By the time we hit sacrament meeting at church, Aeden is usually done, or close to it. We got about half way through the meeting this week, and he was fidgety and talking (loudly), and just being Aeden. He wanted to do something (I cannot remember now what) and I told him no. In his extra loud voice he declared, "Mom, I no like you!"
Asher: Asher has this fixation with dirt and buttons right now. I do my best to keep doors shut where these things are located, but with 3 other busy bees running around, that proves to be challenging at times. I was cleaning in the kitchen when I realized I hadn't heard him at all for about 3 minutes. I ran into my bedroom, where sure enough, he had eaten lots and lots of delicious nutritious potting soil. Dinner was a few minutes later...do you think he ate anything??? Nope.
Baby #5: This little one is pretty easy to take care of for the time being. But man oh man if he/she isn't awesome at making me feel pukey! He/she has some mad skills already ;)
6 comments:
I hear ya! Yesterday, I played the part of the "villain". Over what you may ask? Over the same thing it is usually over...holding them accountable for the responsibilities they hold in the family. AND for not postponing FHE so the older kids could go to a talent show at school. Guess if that makes me the bad guy then I'll be that bad guy for a very long time. Oh, the joys.
Is it a full moon because my kids have been on the fritz this week as well. Nate had a melt down at the grocery store(we haven't had one of those in months!) and Ella had one at Nate's gymnastics. I had to take her outside to calm her down.
I hear you too! Noah insists on wearing his super-hero boots, aka snow boots, every waking mintute of every day. Since he's only 3 and people expect that of 3 yr olds, I let him. Noah has totally been having an attitude lately! We're learning all about how to not hit, kick, push, and talk mean to mommy. It's fun! But at least I don't feel pukey. You are amazing!
I laughed out loud for each of those!! That is so hilarious!
Ah, dirt.... the breakfast of champions (or dinner, as the case may be).
We are having the same boot issues at our house! It is so hard to reason with them.
Post a Comment