Friday, June 3, 2011

May...

Indulge me as I unload my memory card...

May was a busy month for us!

It brought...


Swimming lessons for Liah and Aeden
Baseball for Zerin...this year he played for the Cubs
Many, many, many messes courtesy of these two hoolagans!  This particular mess was courtesy of a short trip to the bathroom by me, and a loosely closed flour bucket lid.  I had enough composure to take the pic outside...you noticed I didn't take a picture of the kitchen...that's just depressing!  I laughed when I noticed their shoes...good thing I'm not a total perfectionist, ey :)
(There was a fingerprint on the lense, sorry!)
All of these WONDERFUL friends from Bryan's school who not only gave us a couple hours away from the kids, but also totally cleaned our house and yard.  I cannot express how much we are going to miss our other family.
Preschool Graduation for Aeden.  We put Aeden in preschool for the last 3 months to help him get ready for kindergarten, and I am pretty sure it was the highlight of his life up to this point.  He loved every day, and loved seeing all of his friends so often.
Aeden's Preschool Class:  Berkley, Simon, Rebecca, AEDEN, Ashton, Ashton's brother Jackson, Erin, and Katelyn.  Behind is Miss Kristy, her mom Miss Lynne, and Simon's little brother Harrison
Miss Kristy and Aeden.  In her little graduation speech , the word she used to describe Aeden was 'BIG.'  Here is part of what she said about him:

"Aeden has a big personality.  He is so animate, talking loud, with wide eyes and hand gestures.  He is so funny.  I've been impressed often with his big vocabulary.  One time I asked the class what they know about owls, and Aeden said, "they're nocturnal." OK THEN!  Didn't expect that!  Such a smart boy.  My favorite thing about Aeden though is his big heart.  Whenever he hurts someone by mistake, he is quick to say he is sorry and try harder.  He is always giving me hugs and telling me that he loves me.  I love you too Aeden!  I'm so glad you are my friend and that you came to our preschool for a while.  You will do excellent in kindergarten!"
One day last week, Bryan brought home some little magnifying glasses that he gave the boys.  This is what they spent the next hour doing...looking for rolie polies and other interesting bugs.   I love my little boys :)

Another thing that has happened, but I don't have pictures for is how well Liah has been doing.  A while ago, we decided to move forward with getting her some therapy for her anxiety.  It was a really, really hard decision to make, but looking back on how things unfolded, and where we are now, I have no doubt whatsoever that we made the right choice for her.  I also have no doubt we were guided to the people at the Children's Center in Salt Lake City that have been working with her.  They are so so amazing and talented in their professions...I just can't say enough good about them.  She is a completely different little girl from a year ago, she even ASKED to walk home from school last week.  For those of you who know her well, you will know what an enormous accomplishment that is.  I can honestly say this experience is the first where I felt specifically guided to do what Heavenly Father wanted me to do for my child.  Add to that the bonus of seeing such amazing results in her after a relatively short amount of time is just...amazing.  Even though there is still a long road for her to learn to manage things, progress is golden :)

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

I love all the pictures!! You guys are so awesome! You do so many fun things with your kids! They don't know anything else but to be happy! You have a great family and we look up to you lots!! Love you guys!