I have felt very blessed that we have up to this point had some of the most wonderful individuals as teachers for our children. This year in particular, I have felt especially grateful. Liah's teacher has been so wonderful to help her succeed and thrive by going way above and beyond what was ever expected of her. I know we would be in a very different place with Liah right now, had it not been for this special lady...she is a gem. Zerin's teacher has given him so many opportunities to really push himself in ways I would not have thought of, and I have seen some wonderful growth in him that alone I could never have fostered. So, that being said, I wanted to do something from me to their teachers this year. I wasn't finding exactly what I wanted, so, being the impatient person that I am, I just made up my own. I'm not clever enough to do the whole pdf and everything, but here is what I did, and you can just copy and paste into Word if you want to try it yourself.
I bought a little basket (they were 2 for 1 at the dollar store) and then filled it with each of these little things along with a thank you note from me to the teacher (the kids have to write their own note later this week). All together, I maybe spent $8 total for both teachers, but I like how it turned out.
Post-it notes: If I could, I would post-it everywhere...thank you for being such a wonderful teacher!
Water bottle flavor packets (single serve...I tied 5 together): You have a way of making the ordinary extraordinary. Thanks for adding flavor to Liah's education this year!
Homemade magnets: We are stuck on you! Thank you for doing what I can't, being there when I'm not, and being the best teacher we could have asked for for our daughter.
Gum (or mints): You were mint to teach! Thanks for all you have done for my Liah this year.
3 quarters tied in a little bag: For the therapy that only a good vending machine can provide :) Thank you for caring enough about my child to make it through those tough days.
2 comments:
You always think of the greatest ideas! Being married to a teacher you probably understand the teachers even more. I hope my kids get great teachers like that too!
What a cute idea! A good teacher is invaluable and the sub-par teacher that Ethan had this year was tragic. He's still doing well, but I think of how much better he would have done with a different teacher.
Post a Comment