Thursday, May 19, 2011

The sun is out...even though it's STILL raining :)

I think (okay I KNOW) someone(s) must be praying extra hard for us, because I feel so much better than even just yesterday.  Granted it's only 5 am, but still! :)  I read my blog this morning from when we went through the same thing last year, and it is comforting to see some growth in myself.  I still have a long, long way to go, but hopefully it won't take another 4 years for me to learn what's meant to come from all of these blessed "opportunities" (I hope I didn't say that with too much sarchasm ;)).

If I had to pin down what the major difference is between this year, and other years, specifically last year, I would have to say it's that I don't feel despair.  It's funny, that word, because, yesterday, in a flash flood of emotion, that word came to mind, and all I could hear was Marilla Cuthbert's voice saying, 


"...to despair is to turn one's back on God."

So needless to say, the flood was cut a little short :)

I really do believe that things will work out how they are supposed to, and as long as I don't get too logical or look at the numbers too hard, I feel peaceful.  I have no idea where this road is taking our family, but I do know God's hand is in it.  Yesterday, I read this poem quote from a talk President Packer gave in the October 2009 Conference (it was hanging in my mom-in-law's house).  As a mother who unties at least a thousand knots a week in shoes, jump ropes, necklaces, and a myriad of other things, I couldn't help but smile as I realized that I was the squirmy kid :)  Thank goodness for a patient, loving Father who loves me enough to not give up on me.


With thoughtless and impatient hands
We tangle up the plans
The Lord hath wrought.
And when we cry in pain He saith,
“Be quiet, man, while I untie the knot.”
-author unknown-

3 comments:

chrisandlaura96 said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who hear Marilla's voice in my head! Hang in there...I'm glad you are feeling a bit better today. I want to tell you that I hope you keep feeling peaceful, and I do, but what I really want is for you to have some happy SOLUTIONS soon! I'm going to keep praying.
-Laura

Maria said...

I don't know why, but I always relate to what you say. Thanks for always sharing your stories. They are faith-building and inspirational.

Anonymous said...

I love Marilla. :) Oh Tiff I'm so sorry that things didn't work out again this year for the job. Sometimes life just plain stinks. I can't think of people more deserving of awesome miracles than you guys, and I hate that they're not happening for you (at least not the job-related ones)! So I will keep praying for ya, but it still stinks. :) Thanks for your example of faithfulness and hope. You're just pretty dang stinkin' amazing. But that's old news...
Love ya