Disclaimer: This may sound like a bragging session, so sorry.
My oldest is 8....wow. I just had this little guy, didn't I?! I can't say enough about how much I love this young man. He is a wealth of constant knowledge (just ask him ;) ). He reads constantly, and unlike me, actually retains most of what he reads...just like his Dad :) He is such an AMAZING big
brother---I've never seen such tenderness from a boy his age. He has a lot of courage...things that still scare me don't even phase him (like asking his non-LDS friends to church and to read the Book of Mormon, etc.). He has a lot of friends wherever he goes...I was quite socially-hampered as a child, and Bryan was extremely shy, so his socialness makes me so happy. He throws himself heart mind and soul into whatever he is interested in. Right now, it's baseball :) But probably my favorite thing about Zerin is how much he loves the scriptures. He loves the stories, and family scripture study. This year has been the first year he has really started enjoying his own personal study. I love how he doesn't just regurgitate the stories, but seems to understand the basic doctrines behind them...again, I know it sounds
like I'm bragging, but I know this is just how he came and has absolutely nothing to do with me.The bottom line? I feel so incredibly blessed (and oft times fairly inadequate) to be his mom. As my mom-in-law has said many, many times, these are the "noble and great ones."

8 comments:
I have to agree, he IS amazing. Happy Birthday Zerin:)
In order to have AMAZING children, WE have to be amazing......
So - Zerin's amazing
Tiffany's amazingBryan's amazing
I'm amazing and Cheryl's amazing
and.......
(you get the idea.......)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZERIN!!!!
He looks like such a stud in that last picture!
I can't believe he's 8 either! He's such a sweet young man and his spirit does shine through in all he does! HAPPY B-DAY ZERIN!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZERIN! You're the best!
From Seth and the rest of his family.
Seriously he is 8! That is crazy, where did our little boys go?! Happy Birthday Zerin!! I hope you have a great day!
It is crazy how fast our little boys are growing up and already making the 8 year old baptism step. Missions are going to be right around the corner...I already cry at every mission farewell thinking about it.
Happy Birthday Zerin!
Post a Comment