Here's a bit of what there is...
This is my mega-huge pear tomato plant(s). My dad-in-law made these planters out of old wheel drums, and they are a miracle for making things grow...they act like little incubators and anything you put in them just explodes with growth. I didn't know how they'd do, so I planted two small pear tomato plants, and a celebrity tomato plant just in case one of them died. Yeah, didn't need to worry about that. There are TONS of little lightbulb shaped fruit all over them, and a few huge regular tomatoes.
This was where all that firewood was before (see the first pic), so for fun, I thought I would try planting my squash here just to see. Squash is pretty resilient but I had no idea how well they would do here. There are yellow, crookneck, and spaghetti squash planted here. This pic is of a spaghetti squash that somehow started growing between the fences...yes, BETWEEN the fences!
This is the garden we planted at our neighbor's home...they didn't need all the space this year, so they offered us a corner of their garden so we could get some things planted. Thanx Stick 'n' Melba!!!
We have tons of tomatoes growing! I am so so so so excited for these to ripen, I cannot even tell you!
I got brave and decided to try a tomatillo plant. It is the surprise of the season for me...it has exploded, there are probably close to 100 little tomatillos on it...who knew?!
I tried growing eggplant once before, and it was a dismal failure. I think I got one flower on the whole plant, and I grew a quarter sized eggplant...not nearly worth the effort it took to baby it. So, I tried again, this time, I planted two different types, ichiban and black beauty. This one is the ichiban, if you look closely, you can see the little pickle-shaped eggplant starting to grow. There are probably 50+ blossoms on these plants, crazy!
Look at my cute little green peppers! Can you say shish-ka-bobs??? :)

7 comments:
Your garden is gorgeous. Mine is sad and pathetic. Not enough attention, I'm sure. But it's my first real garden, so next year will be better, I hope.
I'm so excited for you! We have always had success until this year - nothing that we've planted has grown, except our broccoli. None of our plants even got blooms on them. Not sure why - but they are just as small as they were the day we bought them. Not like they don't get water and love! HHMMM...just not our year!
Enjoy that garden - there is nothing like fresh veggies!
So exciting! Mine has recently started to explode too. It's a bit behind where it was last year I think because of the cold and rain, but it's coming along fine. I love how you plant wherever you can find a spot. You are so good at making anything work for you. I could definitely use a lesson in that. I look for perfection before I even try - such a flaw. Good job! I can't wait for fresh veggies! :)
I am totally jealous of your corn!! I can't believe you are close to eating some. Ours are barely beginning to tassle with no ears in sight.
I'm very impressed, Tiffany! I have yet to venture into domesticating the outside of my house... heck, I haven't quite mastered the inside. One's got to know her limits! Way to go!
It's fun, isn't it. I love eating fresh tomatoes and strawberries from the garden. Actually, I love it all. The cucumber I had on Sunday was divine! You go girl!
I am so jealous! What a beautiful garden! I think I might have overcrowded my plants into containers this year, but we will see how it all turns out in the end before I count myself out!
Post a Comment