
Today ends a week of mile long lists and lofty expectations, and guess what?! I did everything I set out to do! Why does this make me so happy you ask??? I was talking to my sis-in-law about this today, and people who knew me in my former life (aka...before I had been in young women's for 2 years) knew I had high hopes and ideas, but I seldom followed through. I was the princess of procrastination, the empress of excuses, and the lady of laziness. Somewhere, part way through my calling, I realized, it wasn't just making me look like a flippin' fool for not doing these things I had set out and committed to do, but it was also hurting my girls. Years of late homework assignments, hurt feelings of friends whose birthdays had been forgotten, and all other sorts of things had never affected me quite like my girls. I loved them all so much, and I didn't want to fail them. I can't say I was anywhere near what I wanted to be, or should have been by the time I was released, but I can say I tried with everything I had, and I have spent most days since, trying to be better.
And THAT makes me happy :)
1 comment:
Could you possibly talk to Marcos about the steps to recovery? :)
Post a Comment