It is no secret I haven't been feeling the best the last couple of weeks...I am amazed at what an awesome combination morning sickness and a deep chest/head cold can make :) You get the picture.
So last night, I wasn't feeling good, and then I got word of a problem with our rental house. I am so glad to know about the problem, but it just kinda makes me wonder if people's lives wouldn't be easier and more enjoyable if they just followed the rules. Hehehe. So anyways, I was stressing stressing stressing on how to handle this situation. I handled it the best I knew how in the moment, said a pleading prayer of "please take these feelings of frustration and yuckiness from me! I can't be a mom tomorrow if I'm sick AND tired AND onry AND in ANXT." I then went and did 2 loads of laundry to try and unwind, and in the end, almost indistinguishably, the feelings of yucky were gone. I am still sick, and tired, and probably a little onry....but no more anxt.
5 comments:
I don't check your blog for a week and you are pregnant?! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited. You could have 20 kids, because you are so energetic and such a good mom. In fact, I think 20 should be your goal. I hope you get better soon. I loved the pics on facebook! I miss Liah and Alorah's antics.love,Holly
Imagine...you, a warm bubble bath, a quiet house, soup on the stove and fresh bread aroma filling the house. This could be you today. I know your not down and out completely but a rest would be good right. I'm gonna call you and hopefully not take no for an answer.
You are a wonderful person and you are going to get through this with a smile - I just know it - b/c you always do! I agree with Christy - take a hot bubble bath and let someone bring you dinner!
In general, I often wish i could go all Buddhist monk about household chores, find peace and calm in simple, thoughtless, repetitive chores... maybe if I ever got off the computer to DO some ...
So, does doing the laundry help you calm down or is that just me? Seriously, that's what I do when I feel anxious about something! Who woulda thunk it? I hope today went ok for you. I'm thinking about you and you'll be in my prayers.
Love,
Laura
Post a Comment