Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cheap Awesome Therapy

I have done the traditional therapy thing before. But at this point in my life, I could pretty much rehearse word for word what they would tell me to do, so I saved myself $75 bucks an hour, and tried a new approach. And I have to say, it worked :) I imagine it's similar to what people who actually exercise do, but since I have a hard time justifying spending that kind of time on myself when there is so much "real" work to be done, this worked much better for me. Nothing against you diligent exercisers out there, it's just not something that gets along with my psychi very well :)

I want to finish painting because the stupid scaffoding costs me every day I have it, but yesterday I forced myself to take a break, and focused on the yard. Weeds, dead branches, rocks in wrong places...I went to town. The kids got to play along side me while I attacked it with my rake and spade, so I didn't have to feel guilty for neglecting them while I did it either...bliss! Two and a half garbage cans of debris, and a mini alter of rocks later, my heart was light again, and I felt like smiling. Too bad I can't market this kind of therapy ;)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I want to know where you can get therapy for only $75 on hour!

cskelton said...

AND it was my yard that received the benefits of that therapy! YAY! Thanks Tif, my yard now makes my smile :)

Mark and Heather said...

Yard work IS exercise!

Stirling's said...

My therapy is expensive...it's shopping! Oh the joy it gives me!!!