Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I feel grateful...

I have so much to be grateful for today, and since I've been a bit of a downer lately, I figured this post is long overdue.

I am so grateful not to be puking my guts out. Yesterday I was sicker than I can ever remember being. It was exactly what I needed to regain some empathy. But I won't lie, I am one happy girl not to feel like that any longer.

I'm grateful for an amazing pediatrician. When Bryan took Liah and Asher to the ophthamologist at PCMC yesterday on the advice of our pediatrician, the doctor found that Asher is severely far-sighted in one eye. He was like, 'Who caught this? Kudos to that doctor, most people wouldn't even look for this problem until kindergarten.' Apparently if Asher doesn't get glasses soon, his other eye will deteriorate, so I am SO grateful for a wonderful pediatrician who is so vigilant. I'm a little nervous about trying to get a 2 year old to wear glasses, but it will work out.

I am grateful for the Spirit. Yesterday, I was devastated I couldn't go with Bryan to his 'last' doctor appointment. Yet, as I laid staring at the ceiling after he left, I couldn't help but feel the calming presence of the Spirit, reminding me it would all work out. Even when Bryan told me what this doctor had to say, I was still okay. And given how I have been feeling about his health issues, that is a little miracle in and of itself. The doctor, by the way, was very kind and nice. I'm still not convinced he is right, but I have the peace that if we are supposed to figure this thing out, we will. 'But if not...' :)

I am grateful for an amazing husband. I will admit, I was feeling a little sorry for myself when I didn't get any kind of valentine's acknowlegment, but as I laid immobile the entire day yesterday, and he got Liah off to school, went to his dr. appointment (which I didn't think he would do without me honestly), took the kids to their eye doctor appointment (he had Liah, Asher and Belen, and he was there for over 3 hours!), bought me gatorade (I am thoroughly convinced that stuff has magical powers), and then deep cleaned the house, did the laundry, made meals, all the while making sure my every need was attended to. He takes SUCH good care of me, and is my very best friend, I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hope your back to your marathon running self real soon and don't fool yourself...ALL Moms are marathon runners in their own right. :)

cskelton said...

AND I have to add, when I talked to him last night over the phone, he sounded SoooooooooOOOOOOO much better. Which did a LOT to life my spirits too, (which I have to admit were pretty high last night).

chrisandlaura96 said...

Once again you amaze me. Thanks for sharing what you are grateful for today (or a couple of days ago when you posted this ;> ). Thanks for all your support for me this week.
Love you!
Laura