But don't worry, I did get a picture of it...eventually ;)
Friday, February 26, 2010
The Fire and Hot Dog Eating Dinosaur Cake
This week was the Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts. The boys were all supposed to make a cake with their dads for the event. So Zerin and Bryan went to work Monday night, and made a yummy chocolate GF cake together. Zerin then enlisted the help of Grandma on Tuesday for decorating since I was gone to Gunnison the whole day. He had picked out a dinosaur cake...a dinosaur that was eating fire. It was actually leaves according to the picture, but he liked the idea of fire better, so fire it was. In all of her cake decorating stuff, she had a tiny plastic hot dog, so he insisted on having the fire-eating dinosaur eat the hot dog as well. Okay, Zerin. After hours of color combination experiments and probably several hand cramps, the cake was done...it was beautiful! Well, as beautiful as a seaweed-green dinosaur with yellow eyes and fingernails eating a hotdog can be anyway. The only problem was we forgot to take a picture...I know, we're awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm bummed! I would have loved to see the picture! Maybe they'll recreate it...
Well, the good news is that after 3 days, there wasn't any left.
I really thought this post was leading to the ending that Asher got into the cake prematurely. That would have been so funny! That's what the picture says to me!
Love the look of Asher wearing his glasses. There seriously isn't anything much cuter than a little kid in tiny glasses like that!
-Laura
Post a Comment