Today is one of those reflective kind of days...
I was thinking back to this time last year...ugh. It was a time where I felt like I was digging in with my fingertips, barely hanging on. I could only dream of a time where things would be some kind of "normal." A time where I wished I could act like a mom instead of a general contractor, a doctor, a psychiatrist, a landlord, and a grunt worker. Anyways the point is, that a relatively short amount of time later, here I am, smack dab in the middle of normal, and it's wonderful.
I have friends that are going through their own "last year"'s right now...friends who are out of work, a friend who's baby is having major surgery today, a friend who isn't bringing home the baby she's been planning for for months...
Their trials are SO much worse than anything I have experienced, and I wouldn't be dumb enough to say what I have gone through even compares to what these guys are going through. But it has made me think. As one who is now on the outside looking in, I am so grateful for everything we have gone through, I am so grateful for the nastiness that is inevitably and undoubtedly on its way, and I'm eternally grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me well enough to know, I can handle it.
2 comments:
I love your perspective, Tiff, I think you're so wise! And such a good example for me. Love ya!
Don't you wish you could see the rainbow during the ferocious storm? Thanks for sharing your thoughts...and faith :)
Post a Comment