Tuesday, March 17, 2009

12 weeks tomorrow!

So I made it! Tomorrow, I will be 12 weeks along with this baby :) I have never miscarried past 12 weeks (my first miscarriage was at 11 weeks) so I love making it past this little milemarker. I have a cute little picture of him/her, but I've been too lazy to walk the 20 feet to my mom-in-law's house to scan it in :)

This pregnancy has been a little different from the rest, and no, I'm not having twins :)

With Zerin, I remember being tired and huge, but that was about it. I worked up until the day before I had him (which isn't saying much since I was induced a week early...but it makes me sound tough, so I go with it).

With Liah, I think I was so preoccupied with Young Women's that I was just blessed to not feel sick or tired until after camp (I was 7 1/2 months by then). I think I traumatized all my girls running up and down the trail looking as though I would explode at any moment...did I mention I get huge?!.

I felt myself start slowing a little with Aeden's pregnancy, but it still wasn't bad at all (of course, if you ask Bryan, he may tell you a very different story! I think I was pretty ornery with that one).

Asher was definitely my hardest pregnancy. When I found out I was expecting him, I was still doing a lot up in Logan with helping my brother which was kind of a stressful time, plus a lot of other extraneous things were going on. I had never before had feelings of panic or worry when it came to having children, but all these outside influences really made me question our choices and timing of expanding our family. All I can say is I thank my Heavenly Father every day that He knew what we needed better than I did. I cannot imagine our family without my little Asher Bear.

Fast forward to now. I started showing with this one at 6 weeks! I KNOW! I have friends due in August that look less pregnant than I do, but oh well :) I am not one who ever throws up when I get morning sickness...I just feel like I am on the brink of it. Well, up until this last week, I have been on the brink all day every day. I can't complain though, I have a friend who was puking the whole 9 months with all 3 of her kids...nothing helped. And my sis-in-law who is just a couple few days away from having her first gets so sick unless she religiously takes her anti-nausea medicine. So yeah, not complaining! Last week, though, it finally started to ebb a little. Yay! I only feel nauseous a couple times a day now...I can do anything twice a day :) Hopefully in another week or so, this benefit of pregnancy will be a happy memory.

I'm not too picky if it's a girl or a boy this time, and that's kind of fun! If I weren't so darn impatient, it might be fun to wait and find out. But the way I see it, either you are surprised at the ultrasound and you are prepared for the birth, or you are surpised at the birth and you wing it for a couple weeks. With my personality, I am opting for the earlier surprise. Liah desperately wants a girl, and Zerin's convinced it's a girl because Liah has been praying for a girl for over a year, but I'm not convinced. Aeden insists he is having a bru-dor and that he'll take back a sister, so who knows :)

None of the names we have come up with are feeling right though. Even my girl name that I was absolutely in love with for the last 2 years just isn't cutting the mustard this time, mostly because I'm afraid she will suffer a lifetime of mispronunciations...I'm not sure if I want her to suffer that fate or not...if it even is a her. So, last night, I told Bryan I wouldn't turn on the Office for him unless he came up with at least one possibility for a boy name. Yeah, didn't work...and somehow he still got to watch the Office. Tricky boy.

No comments: